Skip to main content

60th Grammy Nominations: Winning Predictions, January 2018

60th Grammy Nominations: Winner Predictions, January 2018 



The 60th Grammy Nominations were released this week and I'd like to take a stab at predicting who some of the winners will be. I have to watch the music charts closely for work so hopefully let's see how this goes:

1) Category: Record of The Year

  • Redbone - Childish Gambino 
  • Despacito - Luis Fonsi & Daddy Yankee, featuring Justin Bieber 
  • The Story of O.J. - JAY-Z 
  • Humble - Kendrick Lamar 
  • 24K Magic - Bruno Mars 
And the winner is...

Despacito - Luis Fonsi & Daddy Yankee, featuring Justin Bieber (My Prediction) 

2) Category: Album Of The Year 

  • Awaken, My Love! - Childish Gambino
  • 4:44 - JAY-Z
  • DAMN. - Kendrick Lamar 
  • Melodrama - Lorde
  • 24K Magic - Bruno Mars 
And the winner is...

24K Magic - Bruno Mars (My Prediction) 

3) Category: Song of The Year 

* Fun Fact: This award is giving to songwriters and not necessarily judged by the artist who made it popular. 
  • Despacito -   Ramón Ayala, Justin Bieber, Jason "Poo Bear" Boyd, Erika Ender, Luis Fonsi & Marty James Garton, songwriters (Artist: Luis Fonsi & Daddy Yankee Featuring Justin Bieber)
  • 4:44 - Shawn Carter & Dion Wilson, songwriters (Artist: JAY-Z)
  • Issues - Benny Blanco, Mikkel Storleer Eriksen, Tor Erik Hermansen, Julia Michaels & Justin Drew Tranter, songwriters (Artist: Julia Michaels)
  • 1-800-273-8255 -  Alessia Caracciolo, Sir Robert Bryson Hall II, Arjun Ivatury & Khalid Robinson, songwriters (Artist: Logic Featuring Alessia Cara & Khalid)
  • That's What I Like - Christopher Brody Brown, James Fauntleroy, Philip Lawrence, Bruno Mars, Ray Charles McCullough II, Jeremy Reeves, Ray Romulus & Jonathan Yip, songwriters (Artist: Bruno Mars)
And the winner is...

That's What I Like-  Artist: Bruno Mars (My Prediction)  

4) Category: Best New Artist 

  • Alessia Cara
  • Khalid 
  • Lil Uzi Vert 
  • Julia Micheals 
  • SZA 
And the winner is... 

Alessia Cara (My Prediction) 

5) Category: Best Music Video

  • Up All Night - Beck 
  • Makeba - Jain 
  • The Story Of O.J. - JAY- Z 
  • Humble. - Kendrick Lamar 
  • 1-800-273-8255 - Logic featuring Alessia Cara & Khalid 
And the winner is...

The Story of O.J. - JAY-Z (My Prediction) 


6) Category: Best R&B Performance

  • Get You - Daniel Caesar Featuring Kali Uchis
  • Distraction - Kehlani
  • High - Ledisi
  • That's What I Like - Bruno Mars
  • The Weekend - SZA 
And the winner is...

That's What I Like - Bruno Mars (My Prediction) 

7) Category: Best Traditional R&B Performance

  • Laugh And Move OnThe Baylor Project
  • Redbone - Childish Gambino
  • What Im Feelin' - Anthony Hamilton Featuring The Hamiltones
  • All The Way - Ledisi
  • Still - Mali Music 
And The Winner is....

Redbone - Childish Gambino (My Prediction) 

8) Category: Best R&B Song

* Fun Fact: This award is giving to songwriters and not necessarily judged by the artist who made it popular. 

  • First Began PJ Morton, songwriter (Artist: PJ Morton)
  • LocationAlfredo Gonzalez, Olatunji Ige, Samuel David Jiminez, Christopher McClenney, Khalid Robinson & Joshua Scruggs, songwriters (Artist: Khalid)
  • RedboneDonald Glover & Ludwig Goransson, songwriters (Artist: Childish Gambino)
  • SupermodelTyran Donaldson, Terrence Henderson, Greg Landfair Jr., Solana Rowe & Pharrell Williams, songwriters (Artist: SZA)
  • That's What I LikeChristopher Brody Brown, James Fauntleroy, Philip Lawrence, Bruno Mars, Ray Charles McCullough II, Jeremy Reeves, Ray Romulus & Jonathan Yip, songwriters (Artist: Bruno Mars)
And The Winner Is...

That's What I Like - Artist: Bruno Mars (My Prediction) 

9) Category: Best Urban Contemporary Album 

  • Free 6LACK- 6LACK
  • Awaken! My Love - Childish Gambino 
  • American Teen - Khalid 
  • Ctrl - SZA
  • Starboy - The Weeknd 
And the winner is... 

Starboy- The Weekend (My Prediction) 

10) Category: Best R&B Album 

  • Freudian - Daniel Caeser 
  • Let Love RuleLedisi 
  • 24K Magic - Bruno Mars 
  • Gumbo - PJ Morton
  • Feel The RealMusiq SoulChild 
And The Winner Is.... 

24K Magic - Bruno Mars 

Did you know there are 84 Categories for Grammy Awards this year? Yep, I only predicted the ten that I know a little something about, 84 is way too many for me to predict... LOL! Tell me what you think about my predictions.

Be sure to watch the 60th Grammy Awards, Sunday, January 28, 2017 on CBS.   

Love,
Myisha

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The R&B Playlist: April 14 - 20 Broadcast

Hey Guys, Here's a link to my latest show, the #RnBPlaylist, hosted by me Myisha Cayro. Playlist Features & Songs Opening Song:  “FINESSE” - BRUNO MARS FEAT CARDI B  LET’S PUT IT IN ROTATION :  “CAN’T LET GO” CALVIN RICHARDSON  LET THAT PLAYLIST PLAY:   “GOOD MAN" - NEYO 90’S HIT OF THE WEEK:   "ORDINARY PEOPLE" - JOHN LEGEND  SONGS MY DAD USED TO PLAY:  “CREEP" - TLC  Closing Song: "LOVE GALORE" - SZA  Link to hear full show: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1I-Q3PITG5uh7GSUr5gR92ZX8S9DtSpdk/view?usp=sharing Thanks for the Support It will also air on   The J Anthony Brown Channel  on iHeart.com from April 7 through the 13th.